If you or your organisation would like to host a screening of Voices from the Shadows, please contact us with the details. We now have educational/publics screening dvds which can be borrowed to use for arranging a screening.
FUTURE SCREENINGS :
Dec 8th. Screening at the Tsunagari Movie Festival in Tokyo
About 20 documentary movies on the disabled will be screened between December 5th -9th at Shibuya UPLINK, supported by the Agency for Cultural Affairs in Japan. “Voices” will be screened by Japan ME Association on December 8th. The festival is organized to ask for integrative and fair welfare laws and elimination of discrimination towards the disabled.
Sydney, Australia. ME/CFS Society of New South Wales, will be arranging a screening. Date to be arranged.
- Higashi Kurume City (Tokyo) November 3rd. Organised by Japan ME Association the film screening was followed by a seminar by the Director of Kannai Clinic of Internal Medicine on how to deal with ME/CFS on daily basis.
- Aomori, Japan October 13th A screening and information session for medical/welfare students and Japanese citizens at Aomori University of Health and Welfare, organized by Apples Association. The screening was followed by a seminar by Mr. Osamu Yamauchi on social security system and disability pension. https://www.facebook.com/manseihiroshoukougun
- Zürich, Switzerland. November 2nd. A conference and film screening organised by Verein ME/CFS Schweiz at the Zurich University Hospital - UniversitätsSpital Zürich Speakers included Dr. med. Leif Hanitsch (Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin) M.Sc. Internist und Pulmologe, Immundefekt Ambulanz “Diagnose, Behandlung und Forschung an der Charité und Update zu Rituximab” and Prof. Dr. med. Werner Z’Graggen (Inselspital Bern) Facharzt für Neurologie, Leiter neurovegetatives Labor “Orthostatische Intoleranz (Intoleranz der aufrechten Körperhaltung)” The full programme is available to download here.
Kanagawa, Japan. September 16th. Japan ME Association organised a screening and a seminar by a member of CFS research group (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) Yoshihisa Yamano and the NPO representative Mieko Shinohara
- Utsunomiya, Tochigi, Japan August 31st. Japan ME Association organised a screening and a seminar by a medical social worker Mamoru Ogitsu
Gifu, Japan August 31st. CFS/ME Patients Association” Egao no hanabira atsumetai” http://egaonohanabiraatumetai.jimdo.com/ organised a screening and a discussion seminar by the association representative Akari Tsukamoro, a licenced social insurance consultant Mr. Hiroshi Nakanishi, and a city councillor Naoya Wada. The event was followed by collecting petition signatures from citizens in the street.
- Tokyo, Japan. July 15th. A screening of the film organised by Japan ME Association accompanied by a talk by a medical social worker and Meiko Shinohara.
Nagano, Japan. June 23rd A screeing of the film organized by Nagano Screening Executive Committee with Japan ME Association https://www.facebook.com/nagano.cfsme.support?fref=ts
- Edmonton, Canada. May 29th. A screening organised by the ME Society of Edmonton
- Tokyo, Japan. May 22nd. Parliament Buildings organised by Japan ME Association A board member of the charity and of the Tokyo Medical Practitioners Association spoke at the event, along with Meiko Shinohara of ME Association ME.
- Rome, Italy. May 17th. The Associazione MARA -Malattie Ambientali Reciproco Aiuto – for ME/CFS, MCS and FM screened Voices from the Shadows at the end of a national medical event ” Emergenza malattie ambientali. Sato dell’ arte diagnostico e therapeutico.” at the Campiodogio di Roma.
- Osaka, Japan. May 12th. A public screening for ‘International ME Awareness Day’ arranged by Kansai CFS Association. http://ameblo.jp/hiroukokufuku
- Tokyo, Japan. May 11th. A screening for the Tokyo Medical Practitioners Association. Japan ME Association
- Malmö, Sweden. April 25th. RME Skåne organised a screening of the film for their members. http://www.rme.nu/skane/program
- STORMONT - 18th Feb.2013. The Long Gallery, Parliament Buildings Belfast. Organised by ME Support Northern Ireland and sponsored by Sue Ramsey – MLA and Chair of the Health Committee – with an accompanying presentation by Horace Reid who was previously an NHS Nurse in Orthopaedic Trauma before becoming ill.
- Hexham Forum Cinema. Saturday 24th November. A public screening followed by a Q&A session with Dr Nigel Speight a Consultant Paediatrician who is a Medical Advisor to many of the main UK ME Charities and Dr Irving Spurr who worked closely with Dr John Richardson as a Trustee of The John Richardson (Newcastle) Research Group since 1985.
- Dumfries, Scotland. November 21st. A special medical professionals screening with Dr Nigel Speight Consultant Paediatrician and Dr Gregor Purdie, Lead clinician for ME, NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Organised by Norma Turner of the Dumfries and Galloway ME Network.
- Cambridge ME Support Group - a screening in Cambridge for members and invited medical professionals - October 17th.
- TV Broadcast by Digital 31 Community Television in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. October 7th
- Newry, Northern Ireland - The Mourne Country Hotel, Belfast Road, Newry, - October 2nd. Organised by Joan McParland and the Newry & Mourne ME/FMS Support Group followed by a Q&A session with Dr William Weir a Consultant Physician in Infectious Disease with a special interest in ME and Dr Jay Wiggan a Lecturer in Social Policy at Queens University.
- Robert Burns Centre, Dumfries, Scotland. 27th September. Dumfries and Galloway ME Network . Screening followed by a Q& A session with Dr Nigel Speight – Consultant Paediatrician and Dr Gregor Purdie – Lead clinician for ME, NHS Dumfries and Galloway.
- Cheltenham Borough Council 12th June - screening organised by ’Fibro, ME/CFS Babes & Guys’.
- Edinburgh - Cineworld. Organised by EDMESH May 24th 2012. Edinburgh ME self-help group – followed by a Q&A session with with Dr Vance Spence – chairman of MERUK, Dr Neil Abbot – Operations Director of MERUK and Dr Nigel Speight -Consultant Paediatrician. Report by MERUK here.
- Doctors and Professionals accredited Training day organised by Sunderland and South Tyneside ME/CFS Support group - with Prof Malcolm Hooper, Dr Nigel Speight and Dr Irving Spurr , including a screening of Voices. May 19th 2012.
- Launceston Library, North Cornwall – screening of Voices from the Shadows. May 11th 2012
- Scottish Parliament – an M.E. Awareness evening May 8th 2012, organised by the Cross Party Group on M.E.
- Caloundra, Australia. Private screening for staff of Blue Care a Community Care organisation April 2012
- Sunderland and South Tyneside ME/CFS support group – film screening at their monthly meeting. March 21st 2012
- The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine UK. – followed by a Q&A session with Dr Luis Nacul, Dr Eliana Lacerda, Dr Charles Shepherd and Natalie Boulton. March 8th 2012
- Sunderland and South Tyneside ME/CFS Support Group UK.February 18th 2012
- British Library, London UK. Organised by Invest in ME – followed by a Q&A session with Dr Nigel Speight, Declan Carroll, and a local councillor. December 7th 2011
- The Forum, Norwich UK. Organised by Invest in ME - speakers included Dr Ian Gibson. December 2nd 2011
- Marin Community Media Center Channel 30 – A special Voices from the Shadows program - introduction to the movie, the movie, the panel discussion and audience reactions. 5th & 6th November 2011 (comcast) on air at 7pm and 1pm
- Mill Valley Film Festival. World Premiere 8th October 2011 Audience Favourite International Documentary Award 2011. Mill Valley, California USA. – followed by a Q&A session with Prof Jose Montoya, David Tuller, Tina Caskey and Natalie Boulton.
- IACFS/ME (Special Sneak Preview) Ottawa, Canada. 22nd September 2011.